Tuesday, November 18, 2008

My Bunsies are Burning!

We've been having fires in the fire place for the last couple nights. Will and Kaity are very used to this and usually follow all the rules around fires. I'm not sure where their brains were last night, but after dinner as John and I are cleaning up, they decided to play on the hearth and see how close they could get before it got too warm. They're old enough now that I shouldn't have to watch them all the time - I mean they're almost 4 and 6 and they're in the house and understand the rules! But, I guess I shouldn't make that assumption especially with Kaity.

Anyways, they're playing this game and I'm not paying attention to them when Kaity starts screaming bloody murder and running through the house. Apparently, she'd backed up against the screen or stood there too long and burned her leg and bottom. She was wearing jeans and didn't have any marks on the fabric, but when I pulled them off her leg was all red. John ran her to the sink, while firmly lecturing her on fires, to run cold water on her leg. I got an ice pack out and we put that on her leg for a couple of hours. After awhile, the redness had gone down and she was fine. Good thing she was wearing jeans. I think she's learned her lesson (for once!) and won't be doing that again any time soon.

No comments:

 

Out on Wacahoota Road | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates