Friday, October 17, 2008

More Apron Happiness

Since I started my apron, Kaity has been asking for a matching one. Last night, I made her a miniature, simpler version of mine. When I showed it to her this morning, the first thing she said was, "where's the pockets? I wanted pockets." I convinced her that the pretty bow would work instead.

This one was really simple. It's a large rectangle with some gathering and then a really long strip that became the tie and waist band. It didn't seem finished without any embellishment, so I added a little ribbon. I think it turned out pretty cute and it only took me about an hour.

Here she is showing off her new apron.


And, this was her breakfast choice this morning. Without milk, of course.


I made a pattern for a bbq style one for Will last night. It's cut out, but that's as far as I've gotten. I think he's been feeling a little left out. There's just so many cute things to make for girls that I want to make those first. Hopefully, I'll be able to finish his this weekend. Then, we'll all have matching aprons! (I'll be out of fabric by then, so John won't have a matching one...not that he cares.)

No comments:

 

Out on Wacahoota Road | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates