Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Headed to North Georgia

Tomorrow, we're headed to near Athens, Georgia (Colbert to be exact)so I can go to a work meeting Friday morning at UGA. The plus side is we get to stay with John's college roommate for the weekend. He works at UGA and lives just outside of Athens on a ranch. I haven't seen the ranch yet, but I've heard it's beautiful. It's in the foothills, so the kids might actually see what accounts to mountains to them. And, we may get to see some fall leaf color! I'm really excited about that. I've never really seen the leaves change. We're expecting cooler temperatures and lots of time outside hopefully.

The only downside is the six hour drive. We went to NC when the kids were 2 and 4 months, but neither remembers that very well. This will be the longest trip they've been on in awhile. I'm packing movies for the computer and I picked up some toys and books from the $1 store which I'll wrap and take out when needed. Kaity loves Mr. Ryan and she's ready to leave NOW, so hopefully once we get in the car, she'll be patient enough to wait to see him.

If we've got web access at Ryan's house, you'll probably see some pics. Otherwise, it will have to wait till next week when get back.

**********************************************************

Will's picture day was yesterday. He wanted to be handsome. I think he turned out pretty handsome. What do you think?



**********************************************************

I finally got pictures developed from the film camera from Easter. I thought I had lost the roll, but then found it. I took it to Wal-Mart a couple weeks ago, then promptly forgot about it, and when I went back this week, they couldn't find my pictures! Finally found them, misfiled, of course. Kaity seems to have changed quite a bit in six months - not in attitude, just more little girlish and less toddler in her looks.

Great picture of Aunt Alli and Kaity...if only Kaity's panties weren't showing. I guess I could crop it.


I love this picture of Will. I need to do some photoshop work on it to even out the brightness, but he looks so pensive in it.


More Easter portraits of the kids


1 comment:

Jen said...

I think he looks very handsome! The close-up photos of the kids are really too. I would leave the brightness on the "pensive" photo, though - I think it's a nice quality.

 

Out on Wacahoota Road | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates