Wednesday, April 09, 2008

I'm Free! At least for a few days.

So, the kids just left with Aunt Alli on their trip to Grandma and Grandpa's house, and I'm all alone. WOO HOO!! I'm so excited. The last couple days the "witching hour" (the hour right after we get home from school wheb it's chaos) has been marked with Kaity throwing many, many hissy fits. Something she's very good at. They go kinda like this.

Kaity: "I CAAANN'T FIND MY PIINNKK BLLLAAANKKKKIIIEEEE!!!!" (this special blankie is the only thing in the last three years that can get her to calm down or stop crying. it's better than a pacifier. when it's missing the world stops.)

Me: "Did you look in your bedroom or in the kitchen?" (maybe the last place you put it down this morning)

Kaity: "I CAAANN'T FIND IT."

I get up and walk her to it where it's on the floor directly in front of her. Then...

Kaity: "I NEEEDDD WHITE MILK!!" (in our house we call it white milk because Will drinks chocolate milk. Kaity's white milk can only be in a certain sippy cup and it has to be heated up in the microwave and you can't shake it before you give it to her)

Me: "In a few minutes" (I'm currently catching up on my blogs and figure she can wait.)

Kaity: "White milk, mommy!"

Kaity: "Been a few minutes, mommy!" (actually only one)

Kaity: "Now, mommy?"

Kaity: "Mommy?"

Kaity: "I NEEEDD WHITE MILK!"

Me: "Okay, okay I'm getting it."

Will (from the other room after magically hearing I was getting Kaity's white milk): "Can I have some chocolate milk?"

So, the next few days should be nice and quiet. I'm really looking forward to it. But, I'll be ready for them to come home this weekend!

No comments:

 

Out on Wacahoota Road | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates