Sunday, February 07, 2010

It's a Wild West Birthday

Kaity's 5th birthday party was yesterday and it was a hit. I decided to go with a western theme for it mainly because we had this great picture of Kaity that I used for the invitation. (If you click on the invitation, you can see it bigger and read it.) I got lots of compliments on it and was really pleased with how it turned out. I printed it on some distressed paper and then rolled it up and tied it with hay string before Kaity gave it out.



I limited the number of kids she could invite this year. Not only was I being cheap, but I really wanted the friends there that she would have the most fun with. Unfortunately, her best friend from school and good friends from church couldn't come, but she still ended up with four of her favorite friends (all girls and one boy) from her class. And, we invited one of Will's friends (the one that plays best with Kaity) to keep Will company.

We rode Annie which the kids really enjoyed. Annie was very well-behaved and ate a LOT of carrots. Then, we played a shooting gallery game (which I forgot to take pictures of). I colored targets on paper plates, pinned them to the fence, and let them have it with water guns. And, finally we had a stick horse race. I found stick horses at the dollar store and had enough that everyone could take one home (and a cowboy hat and sheriff star). Overall, it was a blast. Here are some of the pictures from the party.





1 comment:

sarah said...

I love the OG face in the penultimate photo. Great invitation!

 

Out on Wacahoota Road | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates