Sunday, February 07, 2010

Hoggetown Medieval Faire

Last weekend, the kids and I headed to the Hoggetown Medieval Faire. It doesn't really interest John, so the kids and I ventured out by ourselves. I think I was pretty brave to do that for several reasons. The first is that we expect a LOT of people there (and there were). The faire opened on Saturday, but it poured all day, so all the people who were supposed to Saturday went on Sunday (same as us.) Kaity is not known for holding hands or following directions. She tends to wander off. And, I was worried about whiny children who would want to be carried. They are both big enough now that I can't really carry them.

Luckily, it went well. Of course, it's a money sucker event, but we saw a lot of the shows and they really liked that. The falcons were fun, Will really enjoyed the comedy of the human chess match, and the jousting is always cool. I let them ride the elephant (which was cheaper than the pony rides!) and Will also rode one of the human powered barrel rides. I don't think he liked it that much.


I was a sucker and bought them both "birthday present" there. We'll be back next year hopefully. It only took me 10 years to get there, so hopefully it doesn't take that long to get back.

No comments:

 

Out on Wacahoota Road | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates