Friday, May 22, 2009

Rain, Rain ... PLEASE Go Away!!

Since last Wednesday (today is Friday a week later), we've guesstimated that we've had 15 inches of rain. These pictures were taken yesterday afternoon and since then the water has come up even more.

This is our driveway. Today it was mid-calf high on me.


Will is standing in the water next to the house. It's coming up over his rubber boots.



My Easter lilies are finally starting to bloom.


Unfortunately, they are currently sitting in ankle deep water.


These are my new purplicious rain boots. I saw them last Sunday at Tractor Supply and we didn't buy them. It was only raining with no standing water then. By Wednesday, we had standing water everywhere and John had Larry pick them up. I wore them to work on Thursday and to the field day on Friday. I can't go anywhere in the yard without them.


My poor chickens and goats don't have a dry spot in the yard.



The rain has let up a little bit, but we still have a 60 percent chance through the weekend. As much as we need the rain, I'm ready for it to STOP!

No comments:

 

Out on Wacahoota Road | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates