Monday, March 16, 2009

The End of Dining Out as a Family

Remember, our great restaurant experience from a couple weekends ago?  Well, this weekend was the complete opposite.  Actually, I would describe it as my eating out experience from hell or close to it.  

We went to Napolitano's for dinner with mom and dad and Erin and Luke.  Erin and Luke are checking the place out for a possible rehearsal dinner location.  Napolitano's has been there for years, but John and I had never been there.  It's a pretty nice restaurant and a little more upscale than our normal eating out adventures.  The food was great, the company was not.

We managed to go early, about 6 pm, and Kaity actually got a two hour nap in before we went.  So, I thought she'd be rather pleasant.  It was the brattiest I've seen her in a long time.  She made three trips outside for disciplinary measures because of rudeness or tantrums at the table.  The last tantrum was over her dessert that she had to split with Will (she didn't want to share) and it was downright embarrassing.  Needless to say, we won't be dining out with her for awhile.  She was so bad that she may not get invited (or be allowed to go) to the rehearsal dinner for Erin's wedding and she's the flower girl!  

So, instead we'll try to do a better job with eating at home and we just won't go out with her.  All of that to say here's the menu from this week.  Last week's menu started off with great intentions, but then Kaity got sick and I didn't make it to the grocery store.  Will is sick today, but I went grocery shopping yesterday and I think I stocked up on everything we need.  

  • Monday (no t-ball since Will's sick) - Shephard's Pie.  John makes awesome shephard's pie.  I'm going to make Apple Dumplings in the crockpot since I'm home with Will.  We might need vanilla ice cream.
  • Tuesday (St. Patrick's Day and I have a meeting at the extension office) - Corned Beef Hash and biscuits
  • Wednesday (Micanopy school board meeting) - Cheesy Mac & Beef
  • Thursday - Brown Sugar Glazed Pork
  • Friday (t-ball practice) - Beef & Tortellini Soup

No comments:

 

Out on Wacahoota Road | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates