Saturday, September 20, 2008

Made it to Portland!

I made it to Portland. We left at 2:30 am from Gainesville and arrived at 10:50 am (1:50 pm ET). Of course, we couldn't check into our rooms because it was too early. After buggging the front desk for a couple hours, we finally got in, but then immediately headed to the trade show. I was able to come back and take a nap for a little bit, before heading down at 7:30 pm (10:30 ET) for a reception. By the end of the day, I was pooped. And, of course I got up at 3:15 am this morning. I made my self stay in bed until 5:40 (8:40 ET) and finally got up. Right now, I'm down in a very empty lobby waiting for breakfast to start. We're in for a very busy day today. Our presentation is this morning and then garden tours this afternoon.

Back on the home front, we thought Will was coming down with something. He's been running a fever on and off for a couple of days. But, seemed to be better yesterday morning, so he headed to school. When John went to pick him up, all Will could talk about was a party at school that night. I knew there was a building dedication, but had no idea that it was a party - pizza, hot dogs, slide, bounce house, etc. Of course, John had to take them back for it and the kids seemed to have a blast. Today, we had been invited to a friends house for party to watch the UF-UT game. I'm not there, so obviously I can't go. John will probably take the kids at least for a little bit.

The weather is beautiful here, but cold for me (everyone else says its "brisk"). Hopefully, I'll have some pictures to post today. Signing off from Portland - Em

No comments:

 

Out on Wacahoota Road | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates