- Tuesday night, we didn't eat pork chops because of the amount of leftovers we had. Which is actually a good excuse for not making it. Plus, pork chops freeze great.
- Wednesday night I had already planned to rearrange for. We were supposed to go to the UF Baseball game for dollar night and have hot dogs, so I had already moved chicken & dumplings to Thursday. (Who wants pigs in a blanket really? Well, besides the kiddos.) John, unfortantely, was sick so we didn't make the game and didn't have dinner ready - cereals and hot dogs instead.
- Saturday - I honestly can't remember what we did for dinner, but it wasn't hamburgers as planned.
- Sunday we ended up having the hamburgers. But since Sunday was supposed to be stuffed shells and that's perishable, pot roast is getting kicked off this week so I can make the perishable dish.
- Yesterday was the county cattlemen's quarterly meeting which is a free meal so that was an easy decision. We had that instead of cooking. And, apparently the chicken picata I made Monday was amazing because I cooked it in butter instead of olive oil like a normally do.
Here's a picture of Luna kitty. We're finally letting her go outside some, which she thinks is fantastic. I keep a pretty close eye on her since she doesn't have her rabies shot yet.
Will worked on his 4-H poster projects for the fair this past week. Saturday, he went up to the extension office to present his stuff. One of his posters is on arrowheads which he's been doing a lot of hunting for with Nana. And, he learned to drive the 4-wheeler (with his helmet, of course!) so that he could go out back with her.
As of the last post, I still had five chicks. Not so much the case anymore. We lost one of natural causes and then two become coon hors devours. So, we were down to two. John and I finished the outdoor brooder finally. So, I've ended up getting ten more little chickies. They are very cute and so far not "coonified." Hopefully, I'll get some pictures of them this week.