Here's the rundown of what we did.
- Wednesday evening - flew into DC
- Thursday - Mount Vernon all day, Fireflies in Del Ray for dinner, FDR and Jefferson Memorials at night
- Friday - National Mall, Memorials, American History Museum, Ben's Chili Bowl for lunch, National Archives, Jazz in the Garden (met Sarah there), dinner at a very nice Mediterranean restaurant whose name starts with a Z.
- Saturday - Old Town Market, Eastern Market, lazy day in the afternoon for me, Dad weedeated Alli's yard, bought Alli a grill, Palace of Wonders to see the Skullduggery and Skins burlesque show
- Sunday - Scottish Festival out in the Virginia countryside
- Monday - Harper's Ferry and drive through the Virginia, West Virginia, and Maryland countrysides with Sarah
- Tuesday - Georgetown, flew out that night
So, rather than the whole story, I'll just show you a few of the better pictures.
Me at Mount Vernon. You can barely see the Potomac behind me.
The side of Washington's home that faces the Potomac.
I forgot to take a picture at the beginning of the trip. Alli and Dad are making fun of me for having to have a picture with the sign.
FDR Memorial at night. Ruby had a real problem with this fake dog.
At one of the Memorials. I think Lincoln. It was hot. We probably walked 12 miles that day.
WWI Memorial. I liked it. It was shady, quiet, and left alone off of the main track. It had more of a memorial feel than the other popular ones.
Alli's new grill.
At Harper's Ferry