Monday, March 31, 2008

Will's First 4-H Project

Will is getting his first 4-H project tomorrow. One of the girls at the fair is selling her rabbits. I was able to get them both for $10. And, Lorall (the other 4-H leader) is letting me borrow her animal cages. The rabbits are Holland Lops - one doe and one buck. The buck is all black and the doe is brown and black. They're both very cute. I'm sure Will will get the boy and Kaity will claim the girl. But, since Will is the only one old enough for 4-H, he'll be the one showing them next year. Will says he also wants to show chickens. I'd really like to get chickens, but the chicken coop is a lot more work (and money!) to build. So, we may only end up with one or two. We'll see. I'm still thinking about goats, too. I found a couple at the fair that I really like. Again, we'll see. The kids loved the fair this year, so I'm sure this is the first of many fair projects to come!

No comments:

 

Out on Wacahoota Road | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates